arts in the ville

arts in the ville

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Jayne Thomas

The wonderful, textural paintings of Jayne Thomas will be on show in the pop up exhibition in te meeting room at the War Memorial Hall all weekend.




Jayne says :- My artwork is about beauty and colour bought together simply in a figurative way.
 
I enjoy building up then peeling back layers of the paint, sometimes stripping it right back off the canvas until I reach a balance between chaos and calm - the accidental and deliberate.
 
My materials of choice are encaustic and oils.  It is the richness and mobility of these products that I find so seductive.  They give me freedom to push the paint, build up colour with glazes and enabling the surface to create itself.
 
My works are an expression of people, our complex layers and uniqueness.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment