arts in the ville

arts in the ville

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Wood bowls

Along side the paintings we will have in the pop up exhibition we will be showing a collection of beautiful wooden bowls by Peter Daymond-King




Woodturning

I like to make useful articles with generally simple but hopefully elegant shapes and little if any embellishment so that the decorative features of the timber take precedence and are shown to best advantage.

I do not harvest wood but use a range of native and exotic timbers from trees which have been felled for other reasons and rescue timber destined for firewood or occasionally scavenge beams from demolished buildings.

My introduction to turning was to work the treadle on my father’s lathe while he was turning stone over 65 years ago and I have been fascinated by the process ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment